Our home, south Louisiana, is an agricultural hub to some of the nation’s biggest crop exports such as rice, sugarcane, and soybeans. JohnPac has long-standing customers that are this region’s top processing plants for these crops. We manufacture and supply them with vital packaging that stores, protects, and transports these foods that ultimately land on our dinner table. We manufacture our woven polypropylene bags from start to finish with FDA-compliant food safety practices. Our customers depend on our transparency and ethics to bring their food products to market and keep the value of their brand.
JohnPac’s food safety culture starts with educating and training our workforce. In addition, we provide an environment for our employees to identify and implement points for improvement. This fosters accountability. But those practices alone don’t shape a food safety culture; we also celebrate and reward the development and best practices of our team members.
Here are the food safety practices we emphasize in all of our facilities:
- We only use FDA-compliant fabric and liners constructed from 100% virgin resins.
- Our bags are crafted using ultrasonic cutting and rolled seams to prevent stray yarns from cut edges.
- We use food-grade cleaners and lubricants on all machinery.
- We practice continual dust extraction and interior vacuuming.
- We utilize metal detection for additional safety.
- We have a multi-layered inspection process.
- We extract any loose threads.
- We do pest control management to prevent contamination.
A step further.
Many of our customers need stringent certifications on their food-grade bags to comply with the evolving requirements of major retailers. JohnPac-managed import facilities are GFSI compliant and can aid any customer that needs to meet specific food grade certifications. These facilities act in accordance with BRC and FSSC 22000 food safety systems.
Need food-safety grade bags?
We welcome the opportunity to develop food-safe packaging for your products.